Nobody has claimed this event yet.
Organizers who claim their event pages can update listing details, add photos, answer to reviews, view click reports and more.Claim your free event listing
The 36th National Conference on Wilderness Medicine is organized by Wilderness Medicine Educational Company and will be held from Feb 20 - 24, 2021 at Big Sky Resort, Big Sky, Montana, USA
- Identify prevention and treatment of altitude illness based on an understanding of the underlying physiology
- Recognize and properly manage frostbite in the field
- Identify and treat hypothermia in the field
- Identify fracture and dislocation in the wilderness
- Identify the pathophysiology, and treatment of heat-related illness
TARGET AUDIENCE: Primary care physicians, nurses, physician assistants, and other health care providers who might encounter patients in remote settings or who may treat patients that develop medical problems after visiting remote areas. No outside commercial support has been received for this activity.
Saturday, February 22 - Tuesday, February 25 OR
Saturday, February 22 - Thursday, February 27
A comprehensive course leading to AWEP Certification® that is designed to prepare physicians and other health care providers with an extensive background in key topics and practical skills needed to become a competent expedition, wilderness, or Search and Rescue Medical Provider. (Includes: 15.5 additional AMA PRA Category 1 Credits™ all supplies, syllabus, breakfast, certificate and patch)
WILDERNESS AND URBAN SURVIVAL
Saturday, February 22, 8:00 am - 4:00 pm $135
- WINTER WILDERNESS SURVIVAL | Sun, Feb 23 or Tue, Feb 25, 12:30 - 3:30 pm. $75
- OBSTETRICS IN REMOTE ENVIRONMENTS | Sun, Feb 23, 1:30 - 3:30 pm. $60
- MAP AND COMPASS NAVIGATION | Sun, Feb 23, 10:00 am - 12:30 pm. $70
- ROPES and KNOTS FOR WILDERNESS MEDICINE and RESCUE | Tue, Feb 25, 10:00 - 12:00 pm. $60
- URBAN and TRAVEL SURVIVAL | Mon, Feb 24, 12:30 - 3:30 pm. $75
- BASIC WOUND MANAGEMENT/SUTURE LAB | Tue, Feb 25, 1:00-3:00 pm. $60
- GPS NAVIGATION FOR WILDERNESS ADVENTURE | Mon, Feb 24, 10:00 am - 12:00 pm. $70
- AVALANCHE RECOGNITION, ROUTE FINDING | Mon, Feb 24, 12:30 - 3:30 pm. $70
- WILDERNESS ULTRASOUND CERTIFICATION | Mon, Feb 24, 12:00 - 4:00 pm $295
Speakers: Eric A. Weiss, MD, FACEP Professor of Emergency Medicine (Emeritus), Stanford University School of Medicine, Founder and former Director, Stanford University Wilderness Medicine Fellowship; Author of A Comprehensive Guide to Wilderness and Travel Medicine and Editor of Wilderness and Environmental Medicine in the 2017 Clinics of North America., Kyle Allred, PA Professional expedition and whitewater guide; Has guided extensively on five continents; Wilderness survival instructor; Co-founder of MedCram.com and MedWild.com., Timothy B. Erickson, MD, FACEP, FACMT, FAACT Chief, Division of Medical Toxicology, Department of Emergency Medicine, Brigham and Women's Hospital and Harvard Medical School. Core faculty, Harvard Humanitarian Initiative; Founder and former Director of the UIC Center for Global Health, Boston, MA. and more.
Time: 07:45 - 16:00
Reviews are public and modifiable.
Ratings & Reviews for The National Conference on Wilderness Medicine (Big Sky, MT)
Venue and Accommodations
Book your hotel with Bestrade and get access to exclusive offers.